Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween



In the tradition of church parties and trick-or-treating, we usually get to dress up twice and end up with more candy then mom wants to think about.  The church Halloween party was on Friday, and this is how we looked.









Samantha was going to be easy for me this year.  She wanted to wear a witch costume that we had from two years ago.  But, then we went to the store to get JJ's costume and she saw a costume there that she wanted.  I thought maybe she would change her mind back, so told her we would talk about it and I would come back later and get it.  After some discussion, I asked her why she liked it so much and she said the poofy skirt, the shirt and hat.  So being the crafty mom that I try to be, I offered to make her a poofy skirt, a vest and find her a hat.  She agreed and off I went sewing.  She was thrilled with the end result, and so am I (there was an earlier skirt that was cute but just not right).




 Andrea loves puppies.  Mostly the stuffed kind.  And well behaved/trained puppies.  I was not surprised to hear that she wanted to be a puppy.  While looking through some things, we came across a dalmatian costume, and that was all she would be, not that I minded.  I made it all out of fleece and so that she can wear the pants as pajamas later.  And the hat too, without the ears.  








JJ in is four-year-old logic remembered that he was Buzz Lightyear last year when he went trick-or-treating and thought that he had to be again.  Silly me I kept trying to get him to change his mind.  Then he did.  And he would only be Optimus Prime.  He loves Transformers.  He was disappointed that he couldn't wear his mask to the church party.  We shall see on Monday how long he wears it while we are trick-or-treating.






And we all know that Transformers transform from a robot to a vehicle.  JJ kept asking me how to make the costume transform him into the truck Optimus.  I told him that he couldn't.  What four-year-old will accept that?  This is what he came up with, and demanded that I take a picture.  How could I not?




Riley was a fireman.  He refused to wear his helmet for the picture.  But he was cute any ways.  We even already had fireman boots someone had given us to compliment the costume.
The ward did a costume fashion show with all the children.  The boys went into shy-mode and wouldn't do it.

We had such a great turn out that it took some time to get thru everyone.  Which meant that by the time we go done, Riley was ready to take off his costume.  I did manage to get  him to keep the pants on, complete with overalls. 




No comments: